Anti Bullying and E Safety
Children working together at playtime
Children at Blennerhasset School use the Internet on a regular basis as part of their learning. In school, we have regular ‘e-safety’ activities to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online.
At home, many children are often given unsupervised access to the Internet. This, potentially, allows them to access all kinds of websites (both good and bad) and bring them into their homes.
There is a lot of information around for families to take in, so we have provided a few useful links to get you started. These sites may help you to understand why parents need to be aware of the potential dangers of the internet and why we all need to make sure we are well informed.
- Think U Know – containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers, this site is produced by CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Kidsmart – An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All – lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
- Bullying UK – Information and advice about bullying for children, parents and schools.
- Kidscape – An organisation which helps to prevent bullying and child abuse.
- Childline – ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK.
Please find below further support materials regarding the ‘Momo Challenge’